Explainers: Reducing emissions
These explainers focus on some of the policy measures and technologies that can be deployed to help reduce carbon emissions.
- What is the 2008 Climate Change Act?
- What are Britain’s carbon budgets?
- What is "decarbonisation" of the power sector? Why do we need to decarbonise the power sector in the UK?
- How do emissions trading systems work?
- Why are household energy efficiency measures important for tackling climate change?
- What is a carbon price and why do we need one?
- How much will it cost to cut global greenhouse gas emissions?
- What is geoengineering and how could it help tackle climate change?
- What are social discount rates?
- What is carbon capture and storage and what role can it play in tackling climate change?