Am I eligible to take part?
If you are an undergraduate student in the Department of Undergraduate, you are eligible to participate in the photography competition.
How do I submit a photo?
Please send your submission with a brief caption via wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Open the webpage - wetransfer.com and select “WeTransfer” (this is the free version).
2. Select the "Send as link" option by clicking on the three blue dots in the bottom left corner of the white window where you can "Add your files"
3. Make sure you marked "link" instead of "e-mail", then click on the three dots again – this is so you can send us a link directly in an email.
4. Upload your photo and click on "Transfer"
5. Copy your wetransfer link to a new e-mail addressed to email@example.com with the subject title “Gov Photo Competition”. Please ensure to send it from your LSE email address.
6. Please include your full name, your BSc programme title, the location of the photograph (i.e. town, city or country) and a short caption for the photo – a maximum of 50 words please.
How many photos can I submit?
We will accept one submission per person.
Can I submit a photo on behalf of someone else or that someone else has taken?The photo has to have been taken by yourself, and we will not accept submissions on behalf of someone else.
When is the deadline for submission?
The deadline will be Friday 1 February at 5pm. unfortunately, we will not accept any submissions after this time.
Who will pick the winners?
Our judges! Our judges will be the Department Tutor, the Web and Digital Media Manager and one Alumni from the Department.
Will the winners receive any prizes?
Yes, besides having the winning photos displayed in official Department communications and social media, we will be offering the following prizes:
1st Prize - £50 National Book Token
2nd Prize - £25 National Book Token
3rd Prize - £15 National Book Token
Will the submissions be displayed anywhere?
Yes, we hope to use the submissions in our official Department communications and social media accounts, and would like to display the winning photos in our student common room!
For any other questions you may have about the competition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org