Manuscripts must contain original and unpublished research. They should be written in English, typed in double spacing with 3cm margin on one side of standard paper. The preferred maximum length of manuscripts is 15 typed A4 pages and should not exceed 10,000 words.
2. Title Page
The title page should contain the full title, names of all authors, and their institutional affiliations, an abstract of maximum 150 words and up to five keywords. A footnote on the same sheet should include names of authors, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, email address of all authors, as well as all acknowledgements. The author who will be responsible for correspondence and proofs should be clearly indicated.
Figures and tables should be on separate sheet and have descriptive titles and consecutive numbers. All illustrations should be in black/white and of a sufficiently good quality for reproduction.
4. Footnotes and References
Notes should be included at the bottom of each page (footnotes ) and should be limited to reporting relevant information that is nevertheless not possible to include in the main body of the text. References should not be given in footnotes. Instead, the following format should be used: When quoted in the text the format is Somebody (2000), or Anybody and Everybody (2001), or Nobody et al. (2002). When the reference is given in a text within a parenthesis, the reference should be given as (One and Only, 2003). References are to be listed alphabetically after the text. The author should make sure that there is a strict one-to-one correspondence between the names(years) in the text and those on that list.
- Somebody A. (2000), Somebody put something in my drink, Journal of Music, 40 (2), pp.103-148
- Nobody A., Anybody B. and Everybody C. (2002), Everybody - nobody: everybody knows but nobody cares, ch.2 in J. Lomax (ed), Everybody - nobody, London: Epic Records Press (pp.146-160)
- HO (2007), The Great Hellenic Observatory Reference, Hellenic Observatory, LSE (available at http://www.lse.ac.uk/europeanInstitute/research/hellenicObservatory/great| - accessed on 00/00/0000)
The copyright of the manuscript remains with the author(s). The copyright covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article, photographic reproductions, microfilm or any other reproductions of similar nature, and translations. The Hellenic Observatory will will hold the ownership of the publication and rights to distribute electronic copies to third persons and institutions. Upon publications the author(s) agree to give full acknowledgement to this publication in any subsequent publications of their work.
107. Theologos Dergiades, Eleni Mavragani, Bing Pan, Arrivals of Tourists in Cyprus Mind the Web Search Intensity, February 2017
106. Kougias, Konstantinos, ‘Real’ Flexicurity Worlds in action: Evidence from Denmark and Greece, January 2017
105. Jordaan, Jacob A. and Monastiriotis, Vassilis, The domestic productivity effects of FDI in Greece: loca(lisa)tion matters!, December 2016
104. Monokroussos, Platon; Thomakos, Dimitrios D.; Alexopoulos, Thomas A., The Determinants of Loan Loss Provisions: An Analysis of the Greek Banking System in Light of the Sovereign Debt Crisis, November 2016
103. Halikiopoulou, Daphne, Nanou Kyriaki, Vasilopoulou Sofia,Changing the policy agenda? The impact of the Golden Dawn on Greek party politics, October 2016
102. Chalari, Athanasia; Sealey, Clive; Webb, Mike, A Comparison of Subjective Experiences and Responses to Austerity of UK and Greek Youth, September 2016
101.Monokroussos, Platon; Thomakos, Dimitrios D. and Alexopoulos, Thomas
A., Explaining Non-Performing Loans in Greece: A Comparative Study on the Effects of Recession and Banking Practices, August 2016
100. Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier; Philippon, Thomas and Vayanos, Dimitri, The Analytics of the Greek Crisis, July 2016
99. Labrianidis, Lois and Pratsinakis, Manolis, Greece’s new Emigration at times of Crisis, May 2016
98. Vasilaki, Rosa, Policing the crisis in Greece: The others’ side of the story, April 2016
97. Makrydemetres, Anthony; Zervopoulos, Panagiotis D and Pravita, Maria-Eliana
Reform of Public Administration in Greece; Evaluating Structural Reform of Central Government Departments in Greece: Application of the DEA Methodology,
96. Huliaras, Asteris and Kalantzakos, Sophia, Looking for an Oasis of Support: Greece and the Gulf states January 2016
95 Simiti, Marilena, ‘Social Need’ or ‘Choice’? Greek Civil Society during the Economic Crisis, November 2015
94. Ifantis, Kostas; Triantaphyllou, Dimitrios and Kotelis, Andreas, National Role and Foreign Policy: An Exploratory Study of Greek Elites’ Perceptions towards Turkey, August 2015.
93. Tsirbas, Yannis and Sotiropoulos, Dimitri A., What do Greek political elites think about Europe and the crisis? An exploratory analysis, July 2015.
92. Tsekeris, Charalambos; Kaberis, Nikos and Pinguli, Maria, The Self in Crisis: The Experience of Personal and Social Suffering in Contemporary Greece, June 2015.
91. Thomadakis, Stavros B, Growth, Debt and Sovereignty : Prolegomena to the Greek Crisis, May 2015.
90. Arapoglou, Vassilis; Gounis, Kostas, Poverty and Homelessness in Athens: Governance and the Rise of an Emergency Model of Social Crisis Management, March 2015.
89. Dimelis, Sophia; Giotopoulos, Ioannis; Louri, Helen, Can firms grow without credit? Evidence from the Euro Area, 2005-2011: A Quantile Panel Analysis, February 2015.
88. Panagiotidis, Theodore; Printzis, Panagiotis, On the Macroeconomic Determinants of the Housing Market in Greece: A VECM Approach, January 2015.
87. Monokroussos, Platon, The Challenge of Restoring Debt Sustainability in a Deep Economic Recession: The case of Greece, October 2014.
86. Thomadakis, Stavros, Gounopoulos, Dimitrios, Nounis Christos, and Riginos, Michalis, Financial Innovation and Growth: Listings and IPOs from 1880 to World War II in the Athens Stock Exchange, September 2014.
85. Papandreou, Nick, Life in the First Person and the Art of Political Storytelling: the Rhetoric of Andreas Papandreou, May 2014.
84. Kyris, George, Europeanisation and 'Internalised' Conflicts: The Case of Cyprus, April 2014.
83. Christodoulakis, Nicos, The Conflict Trap in the Greek Civil War 1946-1949: An economic approach, March 2014.
82.Simiti, Marilena, Rage and Protest: The case of the Greek Indignant movement, February 2014.
81. Knight, Daniel M, A Critical Perspective on Economy, Modernity and Temporality in Contemporary Greece through the Prism of Energy Practice, January 2014.
80. Monastiriotis, Vassilis and Martelli, Angelo, Beyond Rising Unemployment: Unemployment Risk Crisis and Regional Adjustments in Greece, December 2013.
79. Apergis, Nicholas and Cooray, Arusha, New Evidence on the Remedies of the Greek Sovereign Debt Problem, November 2013.
78. Dergiades,Theologos, Milas, Costas and Panagiotidis, Theodore, Tweets, Google Trends and Sovereign Spreads in the GIIPS, October 2013.
77. Marangudakis, Manussos, Rontos, Kostas and Xenitidou, Maria, State Crisis and Civil Consciousness in Greece, October 2013.
76. Vlamis, Prodromos, Greek Fiscal Crisis and Repercussions for the Property Market, September 2013.
75. Petralias, Athanassios, Petros, Sotirios and Prodromídis, Pródromos, Greece in Recession: Economic predictions, mispredictions and policy implications, September 2013.
74. Katsourides, Yiannos, Political Parties and Trade Unions in Cyprus, September 2013.
73. Ifantis, Kostas, The US and Turkey in the fog of regional uncertainty, August 2013.
72. Mamatzakis, Emmanuel, Are there any Animal Spirits behind the Scenes of the Euro-area Sovereign Debt Crisis?, July 2013.
71. Etienne, Julien, Controlled negative reciprocity between the state and civil society: the Greek case, June 2013.
70. Kosmidis, Spyros, Government Constraints and Economic Voting in Greece, May 2013.
69. Venieris, Dimitris, Crisis Social Policy and Social Justice: the case for Greece, April 2013.
68. Alogoskoufis, George, Macroeconomics and Politics in the Accumulation of Greece’s Debt: An econometric investigation, 1975-2009, March 2013.
67. Knight, Daniel M., Famine, Suicide and Photovoltaics: Narratives from the Greek crisis, February 2013.
66. Chrysoloras, Nikos, Rebuilding Eurozone’s Ground Zero: A review of the Greek economic crisis, January 2013.
65. Exadaktylos, Theofanis and Zahariadis, Nikolaos, Policy Implementation and Political Trust: Greece in the age of austerity, December 2012.
64. Chalari, Athanasia,The Causal Powers of Social Change: the case of modern Greek society, November 2012.
63. Valinakis, Yannis, Greece’s European Policy Making, October 2012.
62. Anagnostopoulos, Achilleas and Siebert, Stanley, The impact of Greek labour market regulation on temporary and family employment - Evidence from a new survey, September 2012.
61. Caraveli, Helen and Tsionas, Efthymios G., Economic Restructuring, Crises and the Regions: The Political Economy of Regional Inequalities in Greece, August 2012.
60. Christodoulakis, Nicos, Currency crisis and collapse in interwar Greece: Predicament or Policy Failure?, July 2012.
59. Monokroussos, Platon and Thomakos, Dimitrios D., Can Greece be saved? Current Account, fiscal imbalances and competitiveness, June 2012.
58. Kechagiaras, Yannis, Why did Greece block the Euro-Atlantic integration of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia? An Analysis of Greek Foreign Policy Behaviour Shifts, May 2012.
57. Ladi, Stella, The Eurozone Crisis and Austerity Politics: A Trigger for Administrative Reform in Greece?,April 2012.
56. Chardas, Anastassios, Multi-level governance and the application of the partnership principle in times of economic crisis in Greece, March 2012.
55. Skouroliakou, Melina, The Communication Factor in Greek Foreign Policy: An Analysis, February 2012.
54. Alogoskoufis, George, Greece's Sovereign Debt Crisis: Retrospect and Prospect, January 2012.
53. Prasopoulou, Elpida, In quest for accountability in Greek public administration: The case of the Taxation Information System (TAXIS), December 2011.
52. Voskeritsian, Horen and Kornelakis, Andreas, Institutional Change in Greek Industrial Relations in an Era of Fiscal Crisis, November 2011.
51. Heraclides, Alexis,The Essence of the Greek-Turkish Rivalry: National Narrative and Identity, October 2011.
50. Christodoulaki, Olga; Cho, Haeran and Fryzlewicz, Piotr, A Reflection of History: Fluctuations in Greek Sovereign Risk between 1914 and 1929, September 2011.
49. Monastiriotis, Vassilis and Psycharis, Yiannis, Without purpose and strategy? A spatio-functional analysis of the regional allocation of public investment in Greece, August 2011.
SPECIAL ISSUE edited by Vassilis Monastiriotis, The Greek crisis in focus: Austerity, Recession and paths to Recovery, July 2011.
48. Kaplanoglou, Georgia and Rapanos, Vassilis T, The Greek Fiscal Crisis and the Role of Fiscal Governance, June 2011.
47. Skouras, Spyros and Christodoulakis, Nicos, Electoral Misgovernance Cycles: Evidence from wildfires and tax evasion in Greece and elsewhere, May 2011.
46. Pagoulatos, George and Zahariadis, Nikolaos, Politics, Labor, Regulation, and Performance: lessons from the privatization of OTE, April 2011.
45. Lyrintzis, Christos, Greek Politics in the Era of Economic Crisis: Reassessing Causes and Effects, March 2011.
44. Monastiriotis, Vassilis and Jordaan, Jacob A, Regional Distribution and Spatial Impact of FDI in Greece: evidence from firm-level data, February 2011.
43. Apergis, Nicholas, Characteristics of inflation in Greece: Mean Spillover Effects among CPI Components, January 2011.
42. Kazamias, George, From Pragmatism to Idealism to Failure: Britain in the Cyprus crisis of 1974, December 2010.
41. Dimas, Christos, Privatization in the Name of ‘Europe’: analyzing the telecoms privatization in Greece from a ‘discursive institutionalist’ perspective, November 2010.
40. Katiskas, Elias and Panagiotidis, Theodore, Student Status and Academic Performance: an approach of the quality determinants of university studies in Greece, October 2010.
39. Vlamis, Prodromos; Karagiannis, Stelios and Panagopoulos, Yannis, Symmetric or Asymmetric Interest Rate Adjustments? Evidence from Greece, Bulgaria and Slovenia, September 2010.
38. Pelagidis, Theodore, The Greek Paradox of Falling Competitiveness and Weak Institutions in a High GDP Growth Rate Context (1995-2008), August 2010.
37. Vraniali, Efi, Rethinking Public Financial Management and Budgeting in Greece: time to reboot?, July 2010.
36. Lyberaki, Antigone, The Record of Gender Policies in Greece 1980-2010: legal form and economic substance, June 2010.
35. Markova, Eugenia, Effects of Migration on Sending Countries: lessons from Bulgaria, May 2010.
34. Platon, Tinios, Vacillations around a Pension Reform Trajectory: time for a change?, April 2010.
33. Bozhilova, Diana, When Foreign Direct Investment is Good for Development: Bulgaria's accession, industrial restructuring and regional FDI, March 2010.
32. Karamessini, Maria, Transition Strategies and Labour Market Integration of Greek University Graduates, February 2010.
31. Matsaganis, Manos and Flevotomou, Maria, Distributional Implications of Tax Evasion in Greece, January 2010.
30. Hugh-Jones, David; Katsanidou, Alexia and Riener, Gerhard, Political Discrimination in the Aftermath of Violence: the case of the Greek riots, December 2009.
29. Monastiriotis, Vassilis and Petrakos, George, Local Sustainable Development and Spatial Cohesion in the Post-transition Balkans: in search of a developmental model, November 2009.
28. Monastiriotis, Vassilis and Antoniades, Andreas, Reform that! Greece's failing reform technology: beyond 'vested interests' and 'political exchange', October 2009.
27. Chryssochoou, Dimitris, N., Making Citizenship Education Work: European and Greek Perspectives, September 2009.
26. Christopoulou, Rebekka and Kosma, Theodora, Skills and Wage Inequality in Greece: Evidence from Matched Employer-Employee Data, 1995-2002, May 2009.
25. Papadimitriou, Dimitris and Gateva, Eli, Between Enlargement-led Europeanisation and Balkan Exceptionalism: an appraisal of Bulgaria's and Romania's entry into the European Union, April 2009.
24. Bozhilova, Diana, EU Energy Policy and Regional Co-operation in South-East Europe: managing energy security through diversification of supply?, March 2009.
23. Lazarou, Elena, Mass Media and the Europeanization of Greek- Turkish Relations: discourse transformation in the Greek press 1997-2003, February 2009.
22. Christodoulakis, Nikos, Ten Years of EMU: convergence, divergence and new policy priorities, January 2009.
21. Boussiakou, Iris, Religious Freedom and Minority Rights in Greece: the case of the Muslim minority in western Thrace, December 2008.
20. Lyberaki, Antigone, "Deae ex Machina": migrant women, care work and women's employment in Greece, November 2008.
19. Ker-Lindsay, James, The Security Dimensions of a Cyprus Solution, October 2008.
18. Economides, Spyros, The Politics of Differentiated Integration: the case of the Balkans, September 2008.
17. Fokas, Effie, A new role for the church? Reassessing the place of religion in the Greek public sphere, August 2008.
16. Klapper, Leora and Tzioumis, Konstantinos, Taxation and Capital Structure: Evidence from a Transition Economy, July 2008.
15. Monastiriotis, Vassilis, The Emergence of Regional Policy in Bulgaria: regional problems, EU influences and domestic constraints, June 2008.
14. Psycharis, Yannis, Public Spending Patterns: the regional allocation of public investment in Greece by political period, May 2008.
13. Tsakalotos, Euclid, Modernization and Centre-Left Dilemmas in Greece: the Revenge of the Under-dogs, April 2008.
12. Blavoukos, Spyros and Pagoulatos, George, Fiscal Adjustment in Southern Europe: the Limits of EMU Conditionality, March 2008.
11. Featherstone, Kevin, 'Varieties of Capitalism' and the Greek case: explaining the constraints on domestic reform?, February 2008.
10. Monastiriotis, Vassilis, Quo Vadis Southeast Europe? EU Accession, Regional Cooperation and the need for a Balkan Development Strategy, January 2008.
9.Paraskevopoulos, Christos, J., Social Capital and Public Policy in Greece, December 2007.
8. Anastassopoulos, George; Filippaios, Fragkiskos and Philips, Paul, An 'eclectic' investigation of tourism multinationals' activities: Evidence from the Hotels and Hospitality Sector in Greece, November 2007.
7. Watson, Max, Growing Together? - Prospects for Economic Convergence and Reunification in Cyprus, October 2007.
6. Stavridis, Stelios, Anti-Americanism in Greece: reactions to the 11-S, Afghanistan and Iraq, September 2007.
5. Monastiriotis, Vassilis, Patterns of Spatial Association and their Persistence across Socio-economic Indicators: the case of the Greek regions, August 2007.
4. Papaspyrou, Theodoros, Economic Policy in EMU: Community Framework and National Strategies - focus on Greece, July 2007.
3. Zahariadis, Nikolaos, Subsidising Europe's Industry: is Greece the exception?, June 2007.
2. Dimitrakopoulos, Dionyssis, Institutions and the Implementation of EU Public Policy in Greece: the case of public procurement, May 2007.
1. Monastiriotis, Vassilis and Tsamis, Achilleas, Greece's new Balkan Economic Relations: policy shifts but no structural change, April 2007.