• ‘(Mis)Perceptions of Domestic Politics in the U.S.-China Rapprochement’ (Diplomatic History, available online, print version forthcoming 2019)
• ‘An “Exceedingly Delicate Undertaking”: Sino-American Science Diplomacy, 1966–78’ (Journal of Contemporary History, forthcoming)
• Below the Summit: How Physicists, Acrobats, and Seismologists Remade U.S.-China Relations, 1969–1978 (in preparation)
• ‘A Source of Vernacular Knowledge or a Final Frontier for Globalized Science? U.S. Perceptions of Chinese Science, 1971–1978’, in Technological Innovation and the Spread of Globalization in the Cold War, ed. Peter Svik and Wolfgang Mueller (invited chapter in volume under consideration with Stanford University Press)
• ‘From Greene’s Curtain of Ignorance to Leys’s Chinese Shadows: How Americans Learned to Love China Again’, in China by the Book, ed. Charles W. Hayford (invited chapter in edited volume)
• Co-editor, Encyclopedia of the Cold War. Revised and digital second edition. New York; London: Routledge, forthcoming.
• Review of Deng Xiaoping: A Revolutionary Life. By Alexander Pantsov with Steven Levine. New York: Oxford University Press, 2015. Journal of Contemporary History, 54:1 (January 2019)
• Review of Forgotten Vanguard: Informal Diplomacy and the Rise of United States-China Trade, 1972-1980. By Christian Talley. Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 2018. H-Diplo, Roundtable Review, Volume XX, No. 17 (2018)
• Review of The East is Black: Cold War China in the Black Radical Imagination. By Robeson Taj Frazier. Durham, NC: Duke University Press. 2015. In History, 102: 164–166 (January 2017)
• Review of Unwanted Visionaries: The Soviet Failure in Asia at the End of the Cold War. By Sergey Radchenko. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 2013. In The Asian Review of Books (May 2014)
• ‘LeBron James didnʼt need to apologize to China for NBA tweets’, Made by History, 18 October 2019.
• ‘The Trump-Kim Lovefest Isn’t Actually Unusual’, The Diplomat, 8 March 2019
• ‘Why Donald Trump should read up on Richard Nixon before North Korea summit’, The Conversation, 14 March 2018