Dr Gusejnova has contributed to a range of national and international media, from the BBC to independent productions on radio and TV. She has also been involved in collaborations with organisations and institutions such as TedX, Tate Modern, Postnauka/SeriousScience, Journal of the History of Ideas blog, and Third Text.
Dr Gusejnova has a special interest in making independently researched features in audio and video formats, which require a slow work process but enable imaginative collaborations across sectors. An example of this kind of work is her radio feature ‘The Tarpaulin’ for BBC Radio 4, which combines material culture with intellectual history to trace the experience of statelessness and homelessness. Dr Gusejnova is currently completing a video documentary on the fortunes of German intellectual history, supported by the ZEIT-Stiftung.
• Dr Gusejnova appears as an expert in several episodes of The Impossible Peace: The Time Between World Wars, Dir. Michael Cove (2017, WildBear entertainment production, available on Amazon Prime).
• A conversation on her book and doing transnational history after the Cold War with Julia Klimova from the Toynbee Prize Blog (2018)
• ‘The state, and revolution: A site-specific view of centenaries’, a three-part multimedia blog series for the Journal of the History of Ideas (2017).
• ‘Why has humanity become so emotional?’, a conversation with Alexandra Sheveleva for Esquire Russian (2016, in Russian)
• ‘Missing Citizenship: the history of statelessness’, TedX talk at Goodenough College, London (2015)
• ‘People on the Wall: Political Happiness Remembered’, contribution to the Passionate Politics blog (2015)
‘• The iconography of political murders’, talk for Postnauka.ru (2015, in Russian)
• ‘Spengler’s Decline of the West’, talk for Postnauka.ru (2015, in Russian)
• ‘The memory turn in history’, written for Postnauka.ru (2014, in Russian)
• ‘On the History of Sexual Orientation as Orientation in Thinking’, an essay critique of a law passed in Russia on 11 June 2013, which bans the so-called “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relationships”, written for Postnauka.ru (2013, in Russian)
• ‘On legality and legitimacy’, talk for Postnauka.ru (2013, in Russian)