A Technical Advisory Group guides TPI’s assessment work. The Group’s expertise ranges from academia, asset management to other relevant fields. It undertakes regular reviews of the methodology and provides technical advice regarding TPI’s evolution. It is made up of the following members:
- Chair: Professor Simon Dietz (Grantham Research Institute, LSE)*
- Deputy Chair: Dr Rory Sullivan (independent consultant to TPI)
- Carlota Garcia-Manas (Church Commissioners, the Church of England)*
- Charles Fruitiere (FTSE Russell)*
- Euan Stirling (Standard Life Investments)
- Anita Green (Wespath Investment Management)
- Helena Vines Fiestas (BNP Paribas)
- Nick Robins (UNEP Inquiry into the Design of a Sustainable Financial System; Grantham Research Institute, LSE)
- Michael Marshall (West Midlands Pension Fund)
- Pedro Faria (Science-Based Targets Initiative; CDP)
- Alex Bowen (Grantham Research Institute, LSE)
- Jakob Thomae (2° Investing Initiative)
* Ex-officio member
Terms of reference
- To advise on all aspects of the TPI methodology, including general approach, specific sources of data, presentation of data, etc., in order for the TPI to achieve its overall objectives, acting as a critical friend.
- To keep the TPI project team appraised of new developments in the field of climate change and financial markets, e.g. new sources of data, related initiatives, etc.
- To comment on TPI methodology reports and notes as they are produced.
- To help answer questions from the TPI project team as they arise.
- To attend occasional meetings of the TPI Technical Advisory Group, either in person or electronically. We expect that the TPI Technical Advisory Group will typically meet/convene twice a year, with an agenda and relevant briefing papers provided by the Chair.
- In exceptional circumstances, to communicate directly with the TPI Steering Group on any matter arising from the Terms of Reference.
- Membership will normally be reviewed once a year, however there is an expectation that members will serve for at least two years.
- The role of member is unpaid.