Seminar Day and Time: Wednesdays 13:00-14:00
Michaelmas Term 2019: NAB 1.07
Lent Term 2019: NAB 1.07
Week 1 - NAB 1.07
Week 2-5: NAB 2.04
Week 6-7: OLD 4.10
- Mario Cuenda Garcia - email@example.com
- Juliana Jaramillo - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam Betteridge - email@example.com
- Yan Hu (CEMFI)
- 'Rebellion, Trade and the Rise of Cities in 19th Century China'
- Maanik Nath (LSE),
- 'Find Raiffeisen: The Missing Requisites for Cooperative Lending in South India 1930-1960'
- Hendrik Steinbrecher (Technical University Dortmund)
- 'The Fiscal Multiplier: Narrative Evidence from Interwar German Tax Changes'
- Samuel Lordemus (University of Sheffield)
- 'Colonial Origins and Health System Performance in the D.R. Congo'
- Juliana Jaramillio Echeverri (LSE)
- 'Measuring the Persistence and Mobility of Social Status in Colombia in the Long Term'
November 6 - Reading Week - No seminar
- Sijie Hu (LSE),
- Survival of the Confucians: Marital Fertility and Social Status in China, 1400-1900'
- Leonard Hodges (KCL)
- The Political Economy of Patronage: Kinship, Clientalism and the Compagnie des Indes, 1719-1761'
- Riccardo Marchingiglio (Northwestern University)
- 'The Employment Effect of Gender-Specific Minimum Wage'
- Emilie Bonhoure (Université de Toulouse Capitole)
- 'Paris-Listed Firms and Statutory Rule of Profit Allocation: What did they Promise to Pay Out to their Shareholders?'
- Lydia Assouad (Paris School of Economics)
- 'Do Leaders Matter? Ataturk's Visits and Nation-Building in Turkey'